Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Day






Thanksgiving is an American holiday worshipping the god of Gluttony, fitting since the day after Thanksgiving is a holiday in homage to the god of Consumerism... or greed, especially corporate greed. I must digress though, I'm supposed to writing about happy things, right? On this day of Thanksgiving what do I have to be thankful for, I'm alive... my wife is alive...ummm... hmmm... wait I'm thinking... oh never mind. Sorry, like many Americans I'm out of work, been laid off since August and haven't been able to find a job locally since then despite literally hundreds of applications. My wife and I are separated by 8,000 miles and 8 months of time and I don't know when we will see one another again. It's trying on a relationship this whole distance thing... and inpecunity. My wife knows I love her and I am secure in my love for her... wow, I think I just found the thing I am most thankful for on Thanksgiving, the undying love my wife and I have for each other.


The celebration was simple this year in my father's house. I made a whole turkey smoked on the grill and a pumpkin pie whilst he made green bean casserole and oyster stuffing. A simple celebration celebrating a simple life which is the best kind there is. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and especially to my wife, mahal there is always a destination, but it is the path we take to get there that is most important.



No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a Do Follow Blog, so please no spam comments. Thanks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...