Monday, March 14, 2011

Don't Ask Me Why...





Sitting On The Back Porch


I went to bed last night feeling like crap and woke up this morning and nothing had changed.  It's ok, Sunday, Dad is working and my stepmom was going into work for a few hours to catch up so I figured I could just rest today.  Except I have to cook dinner.  I'm used to this routine by now except it tires me because I can't be as creative as I want what with having to constantly work around Dad and Cathy's tastes.  Anyhow, I found chicken breasts, pasta sauce and spaghetti so Chicken Parmesan was a safe bet for dinner.

So now you're asking yourself what does all this have to do with the picture above?  Well in the course of meal planning I was missing the mozzarella cheese so a walk up to Fresh Market was in order.  Those who know me well, know I never go out unless I'm put together. Today I decided to go casual with a pink button up shirt, gray slacks and my blue check wool blazer.  I also loaded up my Velani Pipe with some "Berry Nice" tobacco for the walk.


I'm used to people reacting weird when I come walking down the street but today just took the cake.  Many cars slowed down and of the people out walking some stopped to stare and the more polite ones at least struck up a conversation.  I suppose in our dress down society today it's weird to see anyone dressed up even if what I was wearing was considered casual in the 1940's.  For me it's very comfortable, and being a big guy I am self conscious about how I look.  Since today was in the 70's the North Florida Natives were steaming already and running around in shorts and t-shirts like it's 90.  I'm pretty immune to heat having spent so much time in the Philippines.  At any rate it was a great walk and the best comment was the little kid asking "Why are you dressed like my grandpa?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a Do Follow Blog, so please no spam comments. Thanks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...