Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Irrigation System

Ok I don't have any enlightening posts today.  Truth be told I've spent the last 2 days trying to get dad's irrigation system working again.  It hasn't been used in maybe 3 years and like all things abandoned, fell into a state of disrepair.  After getting the water running again I spent my time pulling each of 32 sprinkler heads off and cleaning out the grass roots that had grown into the mechanism.  It's time consuming, dirty work as you have to dig out the heads and most were hidden by grass growing over top of them.  After 2 days it's a victory... of sorts.  The system is working, but 90% of the heads need replacing because of gasket issues.  I can get the job done myself, but it will have to wait until I get home from Alaska as the preliminary estimate is $266 to completely replace the sprinkler heads on the system.  Just another joy of home ownership.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a Do Follow Blog, so please no spam comments. Thanks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...