Friday, April 1, 2011

The Countdown Begins (My Visa Journey)

Picture not mine


Sorry I'm not updating lately, due to the fact that I'm busy with my personal life also my husband who is my co author in this blog is hectic with processing of my Visa and preparing to work in Alaska in May.  March 29, 2011 my husband filed for the IR1 Visa (spousal visa) with the US Customs and Immigration Service.  It's our first step for getting my spousal Visa.  From what I have read, the time line is roughly 9 months and you can get your visa and you can finally be with your loved one.  In our case we haven't seen each other for almost a year now.  My husband left April 14th last year to work in the US and that's so hard for the both of us, especially for me but thanks to technology we can still talk everyday through skype and yahoo. We have a friend who, like us, wants to take his wife to US to live with him, and so they started their journey May of last year but they're still waiting for his wife's packet to arrive here in the Philippines.  The process is very slow and I hope my husband and I not going be in the same situation as they are.  I know we have some advantages, like we are both single before we got married, so there is no additional paperwork to complicate the processing also we've been married for almost 4 years now and apparently an established marriage makes the process go faster. Right now I'm trying to gather some documents like old greeting cards sent by my husband to me, old bills that has our address, joint account statements, and some old pictures of the two of us together etc etc. I know this is going to be very hard. I have read many stories from people who got their visa; It is very frustrating as you need a lot of patience, a lot of prayers and money. A lot of time waiting, you get confused how to do the paperwork, and other requirements that they want. But even though its complicated I know we can do it, I can feel that I'm gonna see my husband soon heheh, I'm just too excited but I know its a long way to go. I know God will guide us on this journey, Thank you Lord! I never thought my husband will file the visa right now, due to financial reason, but he did. I am grateful Lord, Thank you so much.
So right now where just waiting for our NOA1 (Notice of Action) to arrive.
This my update for now guys, help me pray that it will not take long before we get our NOA1!
I will let you know the updates soon. God Bless us All

Edited to add: The packet arrived on March 31st at the Chicago Lockbox so I should get my NOA1 sometime next week.


10 comments:

  1. hope you will get ur NOA1 soon.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck sis, madali na lang yan once dumating na yong papel galing sa Amerika ayon sa mga nakasabay ko noon na ngprocess ng ganyang visa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gtood thing about spousal visa is that you never had to go through other processing in the States when you get here. Hubby and I did the same as your case and it is much better than getting a k1 visa.. Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you mga sissies for the comforting words...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are in a safe track in having your spousal visa soon sis coz you've been living together as married couple there in Phil. My husband applied for spousal visa before, but the USCIS lead us to another visa direction which is for me to become a CR1 or Conditional resident first in US for 2 years. It's because we've just got married after we applied to get a visa for me. Anyhow, after my CR1 green card expired for 2 years, we got approved to renew it for 10 years and right now, I'm a Legal Permanent resident and not a Conditional resident anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mel,
    Sana nga sis, magdilang anghel ka sana heheh,sana nga hindi maxado matagal ang processing. I think ang processing ng CR1 visa is hindi masyado matagal,yung spousal visa matagal tlga meron nga iba jan 1 year to 2 years hwag nman sana heheh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck to you. Adgitizing here :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I got here by Googling "visa journey blog". My husband sent our I-130 petition for a CR1 visa on March 23, and on March 28, we received our NOA1. You and I have almost the same timeline, and I hope the process will go smoothly and quickly for both of us. I guess all we can do now is to remain positive! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found this board and I to find It really helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to provide one thing back and help others like you helped me.

    ReplyDelete

This is a Do Follow Blog, so please no spam comments. Thanks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...