Thursday, May 26, 2011

I hate the summer days

 Its almost the end of summer  here,but its still very hot and humid  in our place (Mindanao), and  what I hate about the summer,its because I always have a problem with my dental health, for example this time I have a tooth abscess, and gosh it is very painful and no amount of medicine can ease the pain. Before I have this  problem, I had a broken tooth, and loosened tooth. I thought its just a simple cavity but no it was a horrible and painful experience. I was thinking the filling can do it but no it got infected and now I have a tooth abscess, sorry to gross you out guys. I just want to help those who is in the same situation with me right now.  So This is what I read...

Picture not mine
So what is a abscessed tooth?

An abscessed tooth is a painful infection at the root of a tooth or between a gum or a tooth. It's most commonly caused by severe tooth decay. Other causes of tooth abscess is trauma of the tooth, such as when its broken or chipped, and gingivitis or gum disease. These problem can cause opening in the tooth enamel, which allow bacteria to infect the center of the tooth (called the pup). The infection may also spread from the root of the tooth to the bones supporting the tooth.

Symptoms are toothache that is severe and continuous and result in gnawing or throbbing pain or sharp or shooting pain are common symptoms of an abscessed tooth. Other symptoms may include fever, pain when chewing, sensitivity of the teeth to hot or cold,bitter taste in the mouth, foul smell to the breath, swollen neck glands, swollen area of the upper or lower jaw.

How it is treated? Unfortunately one of the best solution is root canal surgery, I had root canal before and even if you have novocaine, I can still fell the pain gosh, it is very painful, maybe I will just let the Doctor pull my poor teeth. Of course you have to take antibiotics or amoxicillin and Ibuprofen can be used. You can also gargle warm salt water rinses to ease the pain .

Hope this help. And I will definitely visit a dentist soon, just waiting for payday!!!

Excerpt from MedicineNet.com


First Commenter:




1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hope you can go to the dentist soon.Tooth pain is just so excruciating to endure.

    ReplyDelete

This is a Do Follow Blog, so please no spam comments. Thanks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...