Sunday, May 29, 2011

New Favourite (Tofu)

  I really love vegetables, especially if its mix with pork, but yesterday when my mother cooks some stir fry vegetables with no meat but just tofu, wow I didn't know tofu is not that bad, Its actually taste good for me, and its my one of my favorite now. What I like from it is when you eat the tofu you can taste the flavor of the vegetable and all the spices with it, I thought tofu is just bland, but I was wrong it taste so good. Now I can't wait for my mum to cook more tofu dish hehhe.
 And you now that Tofu is good for our health, It provide a variety of health benefits, Its high in protein, vitamin and minerals while low in calories sodium and fat.Tofu, made from the curd of soybean milk, is primarily available in three texture: firm, extra firm and silken. Silken tofu has a custard like consistency is usually substituted into dressings,shakes and desserts. Firm and extra firm varieties is cut up into chunks that stand up well to marinating and can be sauteed and grilled. Tofu itself is rather bland but strongly absorbs the flavor used to prepare it. Tofu's primary health benefits stem form its soybean base, Soybean are very rich in protein, minerals and plant component called isoflavone, which act as a form of estrogen hormones in the body. This combination of nutrient, coupled with tofu's low sodium and fat content delivers some significant benefits for those who consume regularly.  There's a lot of good benefits we can get, if we start adding our daily food with tofu.

Here is a Recipe of Stir Fry Veggies with Tofu:

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 small onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small ginger, chopped
1small  package tofu, drained and cut into cubes

1/2 cup water
4 Tbsp. rice wine
3 Tbsp. Soy sauce
1  carrot peeled and sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 head broccoli, sliced
1 1/4 cups beans sprout
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
2 medium green onion sliced diagonally


Directions:

1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and cook for 1 minute.
Stir in garlic and ginger, and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in tofu and cook until golden brown.

2. Stir in carrots,bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in all the remaining vegetables, and heat through.
 Remove from heat.

3. In a small saucepan combined water, rice wine vinegar and soy sauce, and bring to a simmer.
Cook for another 2 minutes. Pour sauce over vegetable and tofu.

You maybe wondering why there's no cornstarch in my sauce, Because as for me I don't like cornstarch and so does thick sauce, so its up to you guys if you want to thicken your sauce you can add cornstarch in your sauce.
My mum told me a secret for a better more flavorful tofu, you have to marinate it overnight before cooking it.
Hope you will like it, See you again!!!



First Commenter:











2 comments:

  1. It looks so yum, I am hungry now and thinking what to eat for dinner but no cooking today since I'm feeling under the weather boo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tofu....coz it's a healthy food....thanks for sharing the recipe

    ReplyDelete

This is a Do Follow Blog, so please no spam comments. Thanks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...