Friday, September 9, 2011

NVC Stage Finally!

It's been awhile since I wrote an update on our IR1 Visa case and I can happily say after 37 days of waiting we finally have our NVC Case Number.  The NVC is the second step in the visa process after the USCIS approved our visa on July 12th, which was just 90 days after original filing.  I feel we have been lucky so far, as there are others who are still waiting for their approval with the USCIS.



We were waiting so long for our case number to be assigned by the NVC that I almost feel like giving up, but I thought to myself that I was being silly and needed to have more patience.  I decided to give the NVC one more call and yes God heard my prayers because the operator gave me my Case Number and IIN (Invoice Identification Number).  The IIN is necessary so you can pay the AOS (Affidavit of Support) bill and the Immigrant Visa Bill.  From what I have read, having this number early in the process can save you as much as 6 weeks worth of waiting, so you can only imagine how happy I was to have it at the same time as the Case Number.  Right now we are finished paying the AOS Fee ($88) and the IV Fee ($404).  The AOS paperwork has already been sent, although it was a little late in arriving because of floods in Vermont due to Hurricane Irene.  We are only waiting on the paperwork I sent my husband so he can put together the IV (DS-230) Packet and send it in.

Now we just have to wait for the NVC to review our paperwork and hope and pray there's no RFE (Request For Evidence) because each time that happens it adds one month of delay to our case.  After the NVC approves our case they will schedule an interview at the US Embassy in Manila.  The only thing left for me to do before the interview is get my medical exam done.  I'm nervous about this as even though I'm healthy I'll be traveling by myself.  We will keep you posted as we get more information.

I just surrender all to God, For without God, I cannot survive from this long journey especially without my husband. Sometimes I am guilty because every time I ask something from God He always answers it, even though sometimes I forsake Him. But God never forsake us, He is always there when I need Him. Thank You Lord God for guiding us on our journey, I know this is just the beginning.

I am not afraid of what the future will bring as long as you're in our life Lord. I Love you Lord, Thank you for everything. So for those who lose hope in life, just continue to pray hard and surrender yourself to God, He is the only one that can satisfy our soul.

Enhanced by Zemanta


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a Do Follow Blog, so please no spam comments. Thanks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...