Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sunday Stealing: The Spooktacular MEME

 Today we ripped off a blogger named Jennifer from her meme blog W.T.F.  She's taken on the challenge of hosting a meme three times a week on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. The questions she asks are unique. She works hard at it and I asked if we might steal 20 random questions (her memes are usually 8 or 9) to both challenge our players and to promote her meme.

So we are asking you to join us starting Wednesday. We know it's a long way to Hump Day and Jennifer's next W.T.F. Meme on Wednesday. So if you like these questions, write a note to join us starting on this Wednesday! We have nothing to do with her meme, other than enjoying participating in it. So I was happy when she gave me her permission to promote the blog in search of players. Take the time to comment on other player's posts. It's a great way to make new friends! Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!

Sunday Stealing: The W.T.F. Meme

Cheers to all of us thieves!

1. One of my favorite TV shows recently changed the actors who played two characters. Have you ever been bothered by a TV show or movie series changing actors who play a character you love?
Well they changed the lead actor for the new season of Spartacus but since the original actor succumbed to cancer I can understand why.


2. A coworker recently shared a link to a blog listing the "five things you should know before dating a journalist." As a journalist, I can honestly say the writer was spot-on. What are some things people should know before spending time with you?
I have an acerbic personality and sometimes I let that loose but most of the time I'm pretty straightlaced and act like I come from a different time era.

3. What is something you often do without realizing that you're doing it?
That's a tough one, I'd have to say tenting my fingertips together when I'm thinking

4. Who has the capacity to make you angrier than anyone else in your life, and what in particular does he or she do to make you so angry?
Honestly, my wife.  Because she's Filipina and I'm American we have cultural differences that sometimes drive us crazy.  It's not as much of an issue after 4 years though as we have grown together.

The Gustav Stickley House

5. If a fairy waved a magic wand and gave you the house of your dreams, where would it be and what features would it have?
Gustav Stickley's house, it's a huge Arts & Crafts style home with a 3rd floor billiard room because I love playing pool.

6. What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?
If I told you, you'd disagree with me and since I hate arguing there's no point in it

7. I used to talk in my sleep. In fact, I could carry on a conversation with someone when I was fully asleep, and my mom used this fact when I was a teenager to find out if I did anything wrong and was hiding it from my parents. If you were talking your sleep tonight, what do you think you would say?
"I hear the secrets that you keep, when you're talking in your sleep"


8. The fourth installment of the "Twilight" movie series ("Breaking Dawn Part I") will be released in theaters soon. Movie theaters started selling advance tickets for midnight showings months ago. Have you ever attended a midnight premiere showing of a movie?
Yes, Titanic

9. On Tuesday, tigers, lions and bears were let loose in Zanesville, Ohio, by their owner before he committed suicide, leading to a hunt in which 49 of the animals, including 18 endangered Bengal tigers, were killed. How would you react if you saw "Caution exotic animals. Stay in your vehicle" being displayed on a road sign?
I'd like to think I'd heed the advice and stay in my vehicle.  Honestly, if you want to be retarded and go pet the pretty endangered kitties then I'm not going to shed a tear over your stupidity after you get mauled.

10. If a company opened a theme park aimed at adults, what would you name one of the rides?
The Cowboy

11. Imagine you just moved onto Sesame Street. Which puppet would you want as your new roommate?
Oscar the Grouch, we can relate

12. Have you ever had a weird crush on a famous person that didn't make sense to you?
Nope

13. If you get ten minutes to interview any celebrity of your choice, who would you like it to be?
If I get ten minutes with a female celebrity we better be doing more than talking


14. You've just won the complete DVD collection of all the movies starring one actor or actress. Which actor/actress would you pick?
Christopher Lee

15. Actor George Clooney recently told People Magazine that he doesn't use Twitter "because I will drink in the evening and I don't want anything that I could possibly write at midnight to actually end my career." What is something you've said through social media and then regretted it?
Nothing, I only use social media for promoting my wife's blog and mine.

16. VH1 has re-introduced its hit show "Pop-Up Video," which gives behind-the-scenes facts for popular music videos. What musician would you be most interested in learning behind-the-scenes facts about?
I dunno, this is a lame question, I really don't follow the lives of the stars.  If they make good movies and good music, then I'm happy.

17. If you stumbled across someone's personal written journal that was accidentally left in a public place, would you read any of the content?
No, I believe in respecting private boundaries

18. What is the title of a self-help book that you'd never want to see on a store bookshelf?
The Idiots Guide to Recovering From Conservatism

19. Many media outlets have been asking this question a lot this week... Which Halloween costume do you think will be overdone this year?
I'll tell you on Nov 1st.

20. Should a marriage license have a renewal date or expiration date, like a driver’s license?
If that's what you think then you have no business being married.  It's a lifetime commitment and one not to be entered into foolishly or glibly.  I can honestly say, after 4 years of marriage, I love my wife more now than I did when I met her.  That's what marriage is truly about, letting love grow.

This MEME was answered by BrSpiritus of The Vintage Recipe Blog

4 comments:

  1. Great answers. I especially like the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah marriage. My husband and I have been married for 7 years and we are going strong. You just can't enter marriage thinking you'll check out the first time the other person ticks you off. It's not all happy, it takes work. Congratulations on 4 years!

    But I'm so curious on what you think that everyone would disagree with. lol

    Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @LilacWolf - Congrats to you on 7 years. As for the other thing, it's more than I want to get into right now and I don't want to get attacked by the PC brigade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Sunday Stealing!
    I hope the new Spartacus does well, I love that show too much to stop watching it!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

This is a Do Follow Blog, so please no spam comments. Thanks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...