Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Another Earthquake Hit the Philippines

On  February 6th at 11 am Philippine time, a 6.9 magnitude quake hit the Visayas region in the Philippines. The affected areas are Negros Oriental, Cebu and Northern Mindanao.  I was so worried when I heard about this news, because my family is in the Philippines but thank God  Davao is not affected by the quake.  As I was watching the news online that time, I was really teary eyed when I saw all the damages of the quake, the people are praying, the kids are crying, they are very scared, especially when they announced there is a tsunami warning but the Phil Vocs lifted the warning after 2 hours.  There are 1000 aftershocks already, in Negros part were in the epicenter of the quake was.
At least 43 people were killed and not included the victims of the landslide, where 10 or more houses got trapped.  There was  a girl who was got buried alive also, before that  she still able to text her family that she needs help fast because she almost out of breath and she could see some  light, too bad it when the rescuer found her shes already not breathing.

It crushed my heart when I saw this news last night, I did not do anything but watch Tv patrol online yesterday just to know the update of the earthquake.  I was secretly crying, I don't want my husband to see me cried, I don't want him to get worry.  I told my husband maybe its really the end of the world, because there is a lot of calamities that hit the Philippines not just in  my country but worldwide, there's war everywhere. Well I rather say its the end of humanity not the world.  I remember when I was young, that time I experienced the worst earthquake, from what I remember it is also 6.8 strong but  there is no serious damages and fortunately no one got killed by that quake. But then I forgot where is the epicenter of the earthquake maybe it is very far from Davao City.  Or we just got luck that time, God only knows.


I pray to God, that He will protect all the people their in the Philippines from all calamities and dangers that's is happening and I hope there is no more calamities that will come in the future.  As a catholic I think that its a wake up call for us, maybe sometimes we forget to thank God or we just pray or go to church  if we need something from Him. Let's offer our prayers for all the people who got affected by the devastating earthquake.


Images courtesy of Christian Science Monitor All Rights Reserved

8 comments:

  1. May my prayers join yours. I feel silly, but this is the first I have heard of what is going on in such a lovely country. Because of their dpressing nature, I tend to stay away from both newspapers and news broadcasts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers, I blame it on the illegal logging also.

      Delete
  2. I was in Davao when it happened and thankful too that we were spared. Now I am back to Texas and felt very sad for those who got hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God davao were spared from it, my family is overthere. Glad that you are back safe :)

      Delete
  3. This is an unexpected happening; there are many people who are victims of this tragedy. We hope and pray that they cannot happen again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is very unexpected, I hope there's still a lot of good heart that will help all the victims there in PI, I know they still need a lot of help.

      Delete
  4. Nice post. Thanks for sharing. I hope that preventative measures can be put in place soon. One thing that can be done which costs nothing is each individual take responsibility for their garbage and put it where it belongs instead of throwing it all over the streets, rivers, and everywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are exactly right, also the illegal logging is the one to blame and all the corrupts politician. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete

This is a Do Follow Blog, so please no spam comments. Thanks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...