Friday, August 10, 2012

My Ube (Purple Yam) Ice Cream Craving

I've been craving for ice cream for the past days, but I want a different flavor, this time I wanted some ube (purple yam) ice cream that only I can find in my home country.  I love their ice cream over here too don't get me wrong, but sometimes its just too sweet for me, and though they have a lot of varieties and flavors nothing beats the Ice Cream made from my country.  Anyhow these are my favorite flavor over here: buttermilk pecan, mint, peach cobbler, vanilla and of course chocolate.  Despite the fact that I love the ice cream over here, I still crave ice cream that made from the Philippines.  Its a good thing I found one and I was amazed they have it over here, Magnolia Ube ice cream, I know this is so hard to find even in other Asian Market you can't find this one.  I am lucky we are surrounded by a lot of Filipino/Asian Market here in Jacksonville so I can still buy some Filipino food (yes we have like a carenderia/market here) and Filipino products.  There's just one thing that I can't seem to find and its a "tabo" (deeper) lol, I really wanted to buy one, although we don't used bucket bath over here, I still miss having a tabo, I hope I can find one soon.
My $10 ube ice cream lol

Anyhow I was so happy I found me some Ube Ice Cream, albeit its very expensive ($10) I still enjoy it makes me feel that I'm just home away form home. I'm saving some for my husband, hopely he will be here in 2 weeks, if not I dunno if I can resist not eating all of it lol.  Yes my husband is coming home soon, but there's no exact date yet it really depends on his boss, though we know its gonna be soon (maybe 2 weeks more or less) because its the end of the salmon season today, as they stop buying fish already.  I'm really looking forward in my husband's return, I've miss him so much 3 months feels like 3 years for me...
That's all for now, I open tomorrow and will be working for 7 hours, ahhh its a long day again especially I'll be in the salesfloor oh well at least I'm off on Sunday then next week I only work Mon., Tues., and Wednesday.  I can't wait to just lay in my bed all day.  Goodnight peeps, don't forget to pray before going to bed. Have a blessed night you all!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a Do Follow Blog, so please no spam comments. Thanks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...