Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It's Football Season Again!

Its September and its Football time again here in America.  The National Football League regular season begins the weekend after Labor day and ends in December.  Each team plays 16 games a17 week period, each week's games are played on Sunday afternoon with weekly games on Sunday night and Monday night and occasional games on Thursday night and Saturday night.  Here's a little bit of history for you, there's two kinds of football that they used to play back in the 19th century, which is rugby football and association football.  Both these games have their origin in varieties of football played in Britain.  It was Walter Camp the father  of American football  who instituted and changed the rule of football.  The popularity of college football grew as it became the dominant version of the sport in the United States for the first half of the 20th century.  Its not until in the 1920's when the American Professional Football Association was formed and after 2 years they change its name to the National Football League (NFL) and eventually became the major league of American football.

 We also played football in the Philippines, but the way we play its very different, as far as I remeber playing it when I was young we kicked the ball at a goal and run over a line.  Even though I'm not a big fan of football due to the obvious reason that I don't know how to watch it and how it was played.  I just like watching it sometimes because of Tim Tebow.  Anyhow my father in law and my husband loves football, they are a  big fan of gators of course.  Though I think gators suck sometimes, they never seem to win the games.  Well the other day they win against the Minnesota Vikings.  My husband actually won a bet against his co worker for 50 bucks.  A lot of people are doing the NFL Betting, especially with the gators winning the last time they played.  I can only wish I know how this game being played so that I can start betting too.  Maybe if its basketball then I can say I am a pro, because basketball is a famous game in our country and beside I used to do the scoring in our sub-div everytime we have a fiesta.  So I know how they play it and I can really say that I am good at watching it.  Well I gotta go now my husband is calling me to watch football, I think the gators are playing tonight, I can hear them cheering.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a Do Follow Blog, so please no spam comments. Thanks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...