Thursday, October 11, 2012

Affordable Health Insurance

A lot of people is not happy with the Supreme Court upholding the Obamacare  "known as The Affordable Care Act" right now, and that includes my husband and me, though I still have to learn about the laws over here in the states,and I heard a lot about Obamacare and the only thing that I know that is just another way to tax people and that is not optional.  So what is Obamacare?  From Wikipedia:  Obamacare is The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), is a United State federal statue signed into law by President Barack Obama on march 23, 2010. Obamacare requires adults not covered by employer- or government-sponsored insurance plans to maintain minimal essential health insurance coverage or pay a penalty, a provision commonly referred to as the individual mandate. The Act also affects certain aspects of the private health insurance industry and public health insurance programs, requires insurance coverage of pre-existing conditions, and seeks to extend coverage to 30 million uninsured Americans. The Congressional Budget Office projected it will both lower future deficits and Medicare spending. And this is including us, me and my husband doesn't have health insurance yet, so from what I understand Obamacare is not optional, its like their forcing people to do it.  But a lot of people that thinks that it is right, so how about you what do you think?

Anyhow I'm not here to talk about dirty politics, I'm here to talk about health insurance, that it is so hard if you don't have insurance.  When my glasses broke we didn't have a choice but to buy a new one.  But in order to get a new eye glasses I have to go through eye exam first, which is not cheap, so we bite the bullet and did go to the eye doctor and did it all without any insurance.  We end up paying $537 for my new eyeglasses including the eye exam, my frame is not cheap because I am near sighted and I believe my left eye has astigmatism.  But I like my new eyeglasses, I think its worth it.  I just hope we can afford to have a health insurance soon or my husband can find a full time job that offers a free insurance.  I was searching online about affordable health insurance, and one thing I found out that before you can even have insurance they will have to do a health check on you, especially if its a life insurance you're talking about. So a lot of people right now is looking for affordable health insurance, well good luck to them.

My new glasses




No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a Do Follow Blog, so please no spam comments. Thanks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...