Saturday, February 16, 2013

Crazy Over Peanut Butter

Who doesn't love peanut butter?  Peanut butter is everybody's favorite, with its creamy, crunchy and sweet taste, no one can't resist!  What is peanut butter?  It is a food paste made primarily from dry ground peanuts, it is mainly used as a sandwich spread.  It is very popular in North America, other part of the country and of course in the Philippines.  My husband's a peanut butter lover too, he loves to eat  peanut butter jelly, he can eat it until he get sick of it..  He told me its like a staple food for them, when he was young that's all they can afford to buy before, bread and peanut butter plus jelly so its like a meal for them already.  But unfortunately not for me, I think I'm not really a big fan of peanut butter its not that I don't like it, because I think I'm used to the peanut butter in the Philippines that its fresh, you can buy it after they made it so the taste is very simple and natural no other flavors but just peanut and its not so sweet too. And beside its very cheap its like a dollar for a small cup.  The only problem if you eat so much peanut butter is because its creamy so the oil from it can get you into trouble with all the calories and extra fat that your body doesn't need, of course we all know too much of a good thing is bad for us.  My husband is a little overweight so I always tell him not to eat a lot of peanut butter, of course he doesn't listen, its his favorite.  I keep looking around for a peanut butter alternative that is healthier but still taste like peanut butter, until I stumble upon this PB2. PB2 powder is a powdered peanut butter with lower carbohydrates and no chemicals.  It is healthier because 90 percent of fat is removed from the peanut, so the oil is squeezed out from the roasted peanut and what remain is a peanut powder that contains about 180 calories, compare to 250 calories from a regular peanut butter spread.  Time to go and head on to the grocery to try this PB2 powder and find out for myself if its worth a try and if my husband will love them too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a Do Follow Blog, so please no spam comments. Thanks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...