Monday, April 22, 2013

A Little Help Will Do


The last time I blog about applying for an Unemployment Benefits now called Reemployment here in Florida, I was so frustrated because the process was so long and complicated that I almost give up and say to heck it with and just forget about it.  To all of you who doesn't know what unemployment insurance is, it is a joint-step federal program that provides cash benefits to eligible workers.  Unemployment insurance payments are intended to provide temporary financial assistance to unemployed workers who are unemployed through no fault of their own, meaning you got fired from your job but its not your fault or there's no misconduct on your part.  Each state sets its own additional requirements for eligibility, benefits amounts, and length of time benefits can be paid.  Also you should have worked for at least a year, that's one of the requirements before you can apply for a benefit.  The benefits is based on a percentage of your earnings over a recent 52 weeks period but depends on every state, so you should check with your state first before applying for a benefit.  And also benefits are subject to federal and most state income taxes and it must be reported on your income tax return.  We are lucky we don't have state tax in Florida lol.  Anywho after almost a month of waiting I finally got my unemployment benefits, last week I got paid for the first time, so I am very thankful that I did not lose hope and still continue claiming my weeks online.  I have to say thank you also to the agent who handle my case, he keep telling me to continue filing and claiming my weeks for my benefit.  Thank you Mr. Troy of DOE.

Its not really a lot of money, its like half of my paycheck when I was still working, but its a big help for me right now.  And I am thankful to God for it, even though the economy is going down hill but there's still hope I know, especially for the people that help themselves.  I hope I can find a real job soon, one that I like and I would love.  Its not easy to receive unemployment benefits, before you can file your weeks you have to show them that you were looking and applied for a job, and it has to be five each week.  So imagined you have to do these until you can find a job.  Its not fun at all but of course you can't get anything easy and  free.  But I'm not complaining just feel bad the other people who abused the government right now, I see a lot of people on EBT or Snap, I don't have a problem with it as long as you deserve it, but a majority of what I see there still very healthy and not disable so meaning they can still work but just lazy? Hmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a Do Follow Blog, so please no spam comments. Thanks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...