Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Help The People Affected By Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda)


Hello my avid friends and followers of this blog, I know its been a long time since I wrote something, my apology, we were just so busy between working and moving.  Speaking of moving, yes we finally found an apartment that is closer to our works, it really a big help for me since I don't have a car (and a license) yet.  I used to ride the bus to get to work everyday and I didn't miss commuting/taking the bus for 4 hrs. back and forth just to get to work. And also my husband doesn't have to drive 60 miles everyday to get to his work.  Thank God for my new job, we were able to find a nicer apartment though its just a one bedroom apartment, but me and my husband were so glad we found this apartment.


Anyhow, I know all of you are already aware or have watch the news lately that my country the Philippines has been hit with another typhoon and this time the strongest typhoon worldwide since 1969 (category 5), they say stronger than Katrina.  So you can only imagine the cause and the destruction it made, 10,000 people are feared dead and 700,000 of homes had vanished or badly damage cause by the storm surge. Tacloban City in Leyte where the typhoon made a landfall has the worse damages, a lot of people died, drown, some still missing, some buried alive under their houses. Cebu, Samar, Iloilo and the rest of Visayas are also affected.  It's just so sad we didn't expect the damages is gonna be like this bad, but I'm still thankful to God that Davao City were I came from and where my family lives was not affected though they are experiencing a lot of rain now due to the tropical depression Zoraida.

Swagbucks and GlobalGiving has put together a fund that will go toward recovery efforts in all areas impacted by the storm.  This money provides food, fuel, shelter, and more for victims of the storm.  The Swag Bucks you donate will be turned into a cash donation, given directly to the GlobalGiving Foundation-Super Typhoon Haiyan Relief Fund project.

Philippines needs your help, if you are a member of Swagbucks like me you can help by donating your SB (swag bucks points) every 1 sb  you donate is equal to $ 0. 01. And every bit can help save a life, feed and help shelter someone who lost their home or help rebuild badly damage-damage infrastructure.  And for all the people that doesn't have Swag Bucks you can still donate thru Philippine Red Cross website just google it and make sure its the real and not bogus website.





No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a Do Follow Blog, so please no spam comments. Thanks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...